Elderly home care is provided to give you a high level of quality care for your loved one. They make your life run smoother and give you a feeling of relief because they are someone you can trust and depend on. Caregivers are carefully screened and only the very best people are available for you to choose from.
Caring for a beloved family member can be overwhelming and at times, exhausting. We understand your desire to be there and do whatever your loved one needs. Be careful of burnout. When family members try to do everything it’s quite common to experience rock bottom. You get to the point where you’ve just worn yourself out. It’s better to give elderly home care a call and get someone who can share the caregiving load with you. Together, the burden will seem so light you’ll feel like you’re walking on the clouds.
Here are some of the services you can expect. If your loved one has special needs or a service needs to be adjust in some way, just give us a call and we will gladly work with you to find a way to meet your needs and those of your loved one.
- Someone to talk to – conversation
- Someone to do things with – companionship
- Light housekeeping duties; washing clothes; ironing
- Plan meals and help to prepare and serve them
- Plan and give transportation to recreational activities
- Personal grooming, hygiene and other aspects of personal care
- Bathing and dressing
- Oral hygiene
- Care for incontinence
- Dementia care
- Assistance with a regular exercise program
- Accompany and provide transportation to doctor’s appointments
- Help to go grocery shopping, visit the hair salon, do errands
- Reminders for taking their medications
And even some services you may not have thought of. Does your loved one attend a church or religious place of worship? The caregiver can accompany them as well as provide transportation. Does your parent love to go to a monthly card game or book club? The caregiver will be their companion to these events as well.
Are you worried about your parent retaining as much independence as possible? The caregiver will always encourage your parent to do as much for themselves as possible. If they need help, it’s gladly given. Just having someone there is a big peace of mind. As a family member you don’t need to worry about your parent hurting him or herself, and not being able to contact anyone for help. You don’t need to worry about your mom getting safely in and out of the tub when help is right at hand. You don’t have to worry about your dad forgetting to open his mail when there’s someone right there to lend a hand.
If you or an aging loved one are considering elder care services near Seabrook TX, call Sheila’s Angels and talk to our caring staff about your needs. Sheila’s Angels Provides In-home Senior Care for the Houston Area. Serving Clear Lake City, League City, Friendswood, Pearland, Alvin, El Largo, Nassau Bay, Seabrook, Taylor Lake, Clear Lake Shores and surrounding communities.
For More Information or a FREE Consultation CALL 832-466-9689.
- Four Tips for Helping Your Senior Embrace Happiness - March 6, 2020
- How Can Your Elderly Loved One Get Tested for Colorectal Cancer? - February 21, 2020
- 4 Ways to Help Your Senior to Be Social - February 5, 2020