Ready to find out more?
View Our Services
Let's Get Started!
Get Immediate Help on Info & Pricing
We provide help and home care services for senior Veterans or their surviving spouses who qualify for the VA Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit.
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance.” (Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit.)
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works. Veterans Home Care has 10 years’ experience successfully helping veteran families apply for and receive the pension. Let us help you, too.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical: Do you have a non service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money: Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are exempt.)
Did you serve during one of the *VA Defined War Periods?
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Viet Nam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.
You may have what it takes to be eligible for the “Aid & Attendance” benefit. Call us today for details.